- I’m very happy to be the recipient of an ERC starting grant! I’m looking forward to investigating the role of low-grade inflammation in neural effort and reward processes in obesity. Interested in a postdoc or PhD on this topic? Drop me a line! (press release)
- Check out my TED-style talk: Mind your body
- Our Food & Cognition research program got awarded as a “Pearl of the region” by The Economic Board Arnhem-Nijmegen, link (Dutch)
- To further expand our Food & Cognition network, we have been awarded a network grant by the European Regional Development Fund
Recently accepted for publication
- Kytö, E., Bult, H., Aarts, E., Wegman, J., Ruijschop, R. MAJ., & Mustonen, S. (2019). Comparison of explicit vs. implicit measurements in predicting food purchases. Food Quality and Preference, (78), . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2019.103733
- Papalini S, Michels F, Kohn N, Wegman J, van Hemert S, Roelofs K, Arias-Vasquez A, Aarts E (in press). Stress matters: Randomized controlled trial on the effect of probiotics on neurocognition. Neurobiology of Stress. link
- Aarts E & El Aidy S (2019). Increasing reproducibility and interpretability of microbiota-gut-brain studies on human neurocognition and intermediary microbial metabolites. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 42.
- Kakoschke N, Aarts E, Verdejo-García A (in press). The Cognitive Drivers of Compulsive Eating Behavior: A Mini-Review. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience.
- Vreeken D, Wiesmann M, Deden LN, Arnoldussen I, Aarts E, Kessels RPC, Kleemann R, Hazebroek EJ, Aarts EO, Kiliaan AJ (in press). Study rationale and protocol of the BARICO study: a longitudinal, prospective, observational study to evaluate effects of weight loss on brain function and structure after bariatric surgery. BMJ Open.
- RJ van Holst, LK Janssen, P van Mierlo, GJ Lammers, R Cools, S Overeem, E Aarts (2018). Enhanced food-related responses in the ventral medial prefrontal cortex in orexin-deficient narcolepsy patients. Scientific Reports Nov 6;8(1):16391. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-34647-6. link
- MHM Timmer, E Aarts, RAJ Esselink, R Cools (2018). Enhanced motivation of cognitive control in Parkinson’s disease. The European journal of neuroscience Sep;48(6):2374-2384. doi: 10.1111/ejn.14137. link
- I. Duif, J. Wegman, M. Mars, C. de Graaf, P.A.M. Smeets, E. Aarts. Effects of distraction on taste-related neural processing. link
- LK Janssen, I Duif, AEM Speckens, I van Loon, JHM de Vries, R Cools, E Aarts. The effect of an 8-week mindful eating intervention on anticipatory reward responses in the midbrain. link