- PhD student Iris Duif (in the middle of the lower row in the above picture) received the George H. Collier NITA award by the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior. She will present her work entitled “Distraction-induced decreases in brain responses relate to continued effort for food reward after satiation” in Utrecht on Wednesday morning July 10.
- Check out my TED-style talk: Mind your body
- Our Food & Cognition research program got awarded as a “Pearl of the region” by The Economic Board Arnhem-Nijmegen, link (Dutch)
- To further expand our Food & Cognition network, we have been awarded a network grant by the European Regional Development Fund
Recently accepted for publication
- Papalini S, Michels F, Kohn N, Wegman J, van Hemert S, Roelofs K, Arias-Vasquez A, Aarts E (in press). Stress matters: Randomized controlled trial on the effect of probiotics on neurocognition. Neurobiology of Stress. link
- Aarts E & El Aidy S (in press). Increasing reproducibility and interpretability of microbiota-gut-brain studies on human neurocognition and intermediary microbial metabolites. Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Kakoschke N, Aarts E, Verdejo-García A (in press). The Cognitive Drivers of Compulsive Eating Behavior: A Mini-Review. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience.
- Vreeken D, Wiesmann M, Deden LN, Arnoldussen I, Aarts E, Kessels RPC, Kleemann R, Hazebroek EJ, Aarts EO, Kiliaan AJ (in press). Study rationale and protocol of the BARICO study: a longitudinal, prospective, observational study to evaluate effects of weight loss on brain function and structure after bariatric surgery. BMJ Open.
- RJ van Holst, LK Janssen, P van Mierlo, GJ Lammers, R Cools, S Overeem, E Aarts (2018). Enhanced food-related responses in the ventral medial prefrontal cortex in orexin-deficient narcolepsy patients. Scientific Reports Nov 6;8(1):16391. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-34647-6. link
- MHM Timmer, E Aarts, RAJ Esselink, R Cools (2018). Enhanced motivation of cognitive control in Parkinson’s disease. The European journal of neuroscience Sep;48(6):2374-2384. doi: 10.1111/ejn.14137. link
- LK Janssen, I Duif, AEM Speckens, I van Loon, JHM de Vries, R Cools, E Aarts. The effect of an 8-week mindful eating intervention on anticipatory reward responses in the midbrain. link